Optimizing Patient Safety through Comprehensive Bleeding Management in Cardiac Surgery
This virtual workshop will discuss patient-centered strategies to optimize patient safety in cardiac surgery, through a comprehensive bleeding-management program. Monitoring and implementation will also be covered.
To accommodate time zones around the world, this program is offered at multiple times. Please select the program and time that is best for you.
November 15, 2022
11:00 AM –1:00 PM ET
7:00 PM –9:00 PM ET
- Monitoring and Management of Coagulation during Cardiac Surgery
- Pre-operative Testing and Planning: How to Monitor Residual Antiplatelet Effects and Risk Management
- Roundtable: Case discussion
Following the workshop, Werfen representatives will be available online to answer questions.
- Define strategies and best practices for monitoring hemostasis and treatment optimization with viscoelastic testing
- Identify pre-operative testing and planning strategies to improve risk management, including residual antiplatelet therapy testing
- Discuss case simulations and approaches to bleeding management
Keyvan Karkouti, MD
Chief of Dept. of Anesthesia and Pain Management for Sinai Health
University Health Network, Women’s College Hospital
Robert Kong, MD, MBBS, FRCA, EDIC
Consultant in Cardiac Anaesthesia and Intensive Care
Brighton and Sussex University Hospitals NHS Trust
Linda Shore-Lesserson, MD, FAHA, FASE
Vice Chair, Academic Affairs and Director, Adult Cardiovascular Anesthesiology
North Shore University Hospital
New York, USA
Mate Petričević, MD, PhD
Head of Dept. of Cardiac Surgery
University Hospital Centre
This course is accredited by multiple organizations, based on geography. Information regarding accreditation for your location will be provided during the event.