What are cookies?
Cookies are small data files received by the terminal from the website visited and are used to record certain browsing interactions on a website by storing data that can be updated and recovered. These files are stored on the user's computer and contain anonymous data which are not harmful to the system. They are used to remember user preferences, such as the selected language, access details or page personalization.
Cookies can also be used to record anonymous information about how a visitor uses a site. For example, via which webpage a user has arrived or if an advertising banner was used.
How do we use the various types of cookies?
According to their purpose:
- Technical Cookies: Technical cookies are essential and strictly necessary for the web portal to operate correctly and to use the various options and services it offers.
For example, those that maintain the sessions, management of response times, performance or validation of options, the use of security elements, sharing contents with social networks, etc.
- Personalization Cookies: These cookies enable the user to specify or personalize various characteristics of the general options of the webpage, for example, defining the language, regional configuration or type of browser.
- Analytical Cookies: Through Google Analytics, Analytical cookies are used by our web portals to create browsing profiles and discover user preferences so as to enhance the offering of products and services.
For example, an analytical cookie controls the geographic areas the user is most interested in, their favorite products, etc.
According to duration:
- Session Cookies: Session cookies are those that exist the time the user is browsing the webpage and are deleted at the end.
- Persistent Cookies: These cookies are stored on the user's terminal for a longer period, simplifying the control of the preferences chosen without having to repeat certain parameters on every visit to the website.
If I don't want these cookies or you do nothing about them?
To comply with the law, we must ask for your permission to manage the cookies. Should you decide not to authorize the processing by expressing your disagreement, we will only use the technical cookies, as they are essential for browsing our website. In this case, we will not store any cookies. If you continue to browse our website without withholding your authorization, this implies acceptance of their use.
If you still decide to modify the configuration of your access to the webpage, you should know that it is possible to delete the cookies or prevent this information being recorded on your system at any time by modifying the configuration parameters of your browser:
These browsers are subject to upgrades or modifications so we cannot guarantee they will adapt fully to your browser version. You may also use a browser not covered by these links, such as Konqueror, Arora, Flock, etc. To avoid this, you can directly access your browser options which are usually to be found in the Options menu, in the "privacy" section. (Please see the help section of your browser for further details).
So what does the information above mean?
If you accept our cookies, you can configure your browser to establish that only trusted websites or the pages being browsed at the time can manage cookies, enabling you to select your preferences.
This policy is regularly reviewed to ensure it is up to date, and is therefore subject to modifications. We recommend you visit this page regularly and we will inform you of any related update.
Where can I get more information?
If you need more information on the cookies directive, please see the Official State Gazette (Boletín Oficial del Estado) published on 31 March 2012 (for Spain) with the transposition of directives in the field of electronic communications. You can also find the directive at Information Commissioner Office (in English).