IT & Service Manager
About the Position
JOB DESCRIPTION: IT & Service Manager, Southeast Asia
Title of position: IT & Service Manager, Southeast Asia
Name of Department: IT & Technical Service
Location: Bangkok (Thailand).
This position reports to: South East Asia Regional Director
Number of direct reports (and total number of team members) reporting to this position: 1 in the near future, to be hired.
- The Southeast Asia Clinical IT & Service Manager is responsible for clinical software installations at demo facilities as well as end users, either directly or indirectly by assisting trained distribution partners. Including defining the correct network and IT requirements and configurations needed for the success of the installation.
- Provide Clinical IT training and 1st/2nd level support to Sales Representatives, Service Specialists, Field Service Engineers (internally and/or from distribution partners), as well as end-users, customer IT groups and IT vendors. The mid/long-term goal is to have all our SEA distribution partners trained and autonomously capable of supporting end users working with our Clinical IT solutions.
- Manage and Support any activity or need related to Technical Service in the region.
- Responsible for managing and maintaining the company’s Demo room.
- Responsible for hiring and managing future Clinical IT and Technical Service Specialists.
- Responsible for hiring and managing a 3rd party company in charge of maintaining our company’s computer network, IT systems and solutions.
- Assume the lead technical role for clinical software solutions.
- Install, configure, maintain and troubleshoot clinical software solutions.
- Provide pre-sales consulting for company’s software applications and implementation. Including customer site visits to identify and resolve issues affecting customer`s network working closely with the hospital`s IT department.
- Refer complex problems to Corporate Clinical Software department, serving as liaison between the company and customers.
- Perform required clinical software technical training sessions.
- Serve as a company technical service reference person and liaison.
- Manage the Demo Room once available, including analyzers and clinical software configuration and maintenance.
- Manage and lead all IT/Systems matters and projects in South East Asia: Internet network, IP Phone, SAP support, remote connections and communications.
- Assists employees setting up and operating personal computers, printers and other peripheral equipment.
- Support any corporate project involving software solutions: Werfen Academy, Werfen Touch, Microsoft Teams communities...
- Assures the Compliance with the Werfen Code of Ethics Lives and exemplifies Werfen’s Values in all interactions with internal and external stakeholders.
Budget managed (if applicable)
Internal Networking/Key relationships
To be determined based on department needs, to include interactions such as:
- Sales and Marketing Teams
- Application Specialists
- Distribution Partners
- Customers / End Users
- Corporate Clinical Software
- Corporate IT Department
- Strategic Business Units / Clinical SW Team
Skills & Capabilities:
- Good judgement
- Functional/technical skills
- Driver of results with acute customer focus
- Self-motivated and willing to take initiative
- Dynamic and able to work in a fast-paced environment
- Adaptability to change
- High level of customer focus.
- Ability to listen to others, capture and understand their concerns, interests and feelings, and to respond in an appropriate way
- Excellent communication skills
- Able to manage a large workload
- Systematic Approach
- Organizational skills
- Attention to detail
- Team work
Min Knowledge & Experience required for the position:
- Education: A Bachelor’s Degree in a related technical subject: Degree in Information Technology, Electronics, Biomedical Engineering, Medical Technology or similar.
- Minimum experience of 1-3 years in similar roles. IVD industry.
- Additional Skills/Knowledge:
- Excellent communication skills and fluency in English (written and spoken)
- Knowledge of administration and maintenance of servers and workstations in both, hardware and software areas.
- Experience with Hospital LIS, HIS, Middleware.
- Good Knowledge of Windows, networking (wiring, HUB, Switch, DNS//DHCP, firewall solutions, network diagnostics...), relational databases and SQL queries, ASTM and HL7 communication protocols
- MS Office Suite Skills (Outlook, Word, Excel and PowerPoint…) including the ability to manipulate data and build presentations
- Knowledge of Linux would be valued
- Knowledge of automation lines in laboratory environments would be valued
Travel requirements (domestic and international):
- Up to 50% of time, mostly within Southeast Asia
Send us your CV
Please, send us your CV if you wish to apply to this position.