Supply Chain Manager
About the Position
JOB DESCRIPTION: Supply Chain Manager /Director
Title of position: Supply Chain Manager / Director
Name of Department: Supply Chain
This position reports to: Regional Supply Chain Director (dotted line reporting relationship to General Manager)
Number of direct reports (and total number of team members) reporting to this position:
The Supply Chain Manager/Director is responsible far managing the domestic supply chain area, including procurement, logistics, inventory control and customer service. This role ensures product is stored and delivered to customers at the right time, in the right quantity and with the expected quality. The Supply Cha in Manager/Director leads provides demand needs to Corporate Planning, balancing service level and costs. He/she is responsible far the optimization of transportation costs by negotiating with freight vendors and setting transportation route.
- Leads Logistics, Warehousing, lmport/Export, lnventory Control and Customer Service teams, setting strategy for these groups that meets performance goals and customers' expectations
- Manages the P&L account of the domestic supply chain area under his/her responsibility, ensuring adherence to budget and meeting Company's financial Goals
- Oversees Logistics of region/-s under their responsibility, managing the flow of goods between the point of origin and the point of consumption in the most efficient and cost- effective manner to meet customers' requirements
- Identifies the most efficient and cost-effective methods to move finish goods inventory throughout the supply chain
- Manages distribution projects across the local area of their responsibility in coordination with Corporate Supply Chain
- Maintains and ensures a good coordination with Corporate Planning based in Europe to meet customers' expectations while balancing logistics costs and inventory levels
- Leads local S&OP process, gathering demand inputs and forecast from domestic market and communicating efficiently to Corporate Planning
- Oversees local Customer Service team focused on identifying customer satisfaction drivers and providing best-in-class front and back office service
- Ensures customer´s request are answered in a timely manner, anticipating their needs and prioritizing first contact resolution metrics
- Coordinates with the Global Customer Service Director the implementation of standard procedures and best-in-class practices
- Motivates and fosters associates' development, providing guidance, mentoring and identifying training needs
- Provides cross-functional collaboration with local Sales, Marketing, Service, Finance and QA/RA departments to ensure strategy alignment
- Oversees procurement of warehouse consumables, transportation rates and logistics services are available at the most cost-effective price to meet customer demand and quality standards
- Guarantees all distribution processes are compliant with local laws and certifications, including ISO 9001 and ISO 14001
- Keeps local supply chain procedures and working instructions updated
Budget managed (if applicable)
P&L Local Supply Chain
Internal Networking/Key relationships
To be determined based on department needs, to include interactions such as:
- Corporate Supply Chain: Planning, Procurement, Customer Service, PMO
- Local Sales, Marketing, Service, QA/RA, Finance, Legal and HR
- Manufacturing sites
Skills & Capabilities:
- Building Talent: Planning and supporting the development of individuals' knowledge, skills, and abilities so that they can fulfill current or future job responsibilities more effectively.
- Customer Focus: Ensuring that the interna! or externa! customer's perspective is a driving force behind strategic priorities, business decisions, organizational processes, and individual activities, crafting and implementing service practices that meet customers' and own organization's needs; promoting and operationalizing customer service as a value.
- Decision Making: identifying and understanding problems and opportunities by gathering, analyzing, and interpreting quantitative and qualitative information; choosing the best course of action by establishing clear decision criteria, generating and evaluating alternatives, and making timely decisions; taking action that is consistent with available facts and constraints and optimizes probable consequences.
- Driving for Results: Setting high goals for personal and group accomplishment; using measurement methods to monitor progress toward goals; tenaciously working to meet or exceed goals while deriving satisfaction from that achievement and continuous improvement.
- Driving lnnovation: Creating an environment (culture) that inspires people to generate novel solutions with measurable value far existing and potential customers (interna! or externa!); encouraging experimentation with new ways to salve work problems and seize opportunities that result in unique and differentiated solutions.
- Emotional intelligence Essentials: Establishing and sustaining trusting relationships by accurately perceiving and interpreting own and others' emotions and behavior; leveraging insights to effectively manage own responses so that one's behavior matches one's values and delivers intended results.
Min Knowledge & Experience required for the position:
- Business/Engineering/Supply Chain degree
- Master's degree in Supply Chain Management preferred
- Minimum 15 years of broad-based supply chain experience
- Minimum 10 years leading a supply chain department or international distribution centre
- Additional Skills/Knowledge:
- Demonstrated ability to continuously improve a supply chain and manage complex customer needs Knowledge of lean and six sigma concepts
- Strong communicator, able to effectively interact throughout all levels of the organization and across all disciplines
- Language: Local language and English. Spanish and/or Italian highly recommended
- Required: No
- Up to 20% of time
Send us your CV
Please, send us your CV if you wish to apply to this position.