Senior Software Development Engineer
About the Position
JOB DESCRIPTION: Senior Software Development Engineer
Department: SW Development
Under the supervision of the team leader, he/she participates in development of the product interoperability and communication with IVD analyzers and healthcare information systems for one of the most popular LIS in the market.
- Develop software to solve problems and deliver value to the customers using modern engineering approaches and agile principles.
- Make our technology scale through the design of architectures.
- Participate in troubleshooting and performance improvement processes.
- Participate in the team’s life and contribute to decision-making.
- Participate in the feature definition with the stakeholders, break solutions down into manageable and predictable deliverables.
- Test software to ensure responsiveness and efficiency.
- Write technical documentation.
- Participate in and conduct review meetings.
It requires having contact with the R&D, Marketing, Service and Quality Assurance departments to define needs and requirements
Minimum Knowledge & Experience required for the position:
Education: Engineer, Computer Science or other Technical degree, or
equivalent work experience
- Proven experience in Instrumentation / Integration department or division in the healthcare sector.
- Proven experience working with Java.
- Knowledge of interoperability and connectivity protocols and standards (HL7, FHIR, CDA, ASTM, POCT1-A, CLSI, IHE)
- Experience with issue tracking, troubleshooting and defect management and version control.
- Proactive and able to function independently with project stakeholders, but still work well in a team-oriented environment.
- Software Engineering Process knowledge
- Experience writing high and low level design specifications making use of object oriented paradigms and design patterns.
- Certifications in interoperability and connectivity protocols and standards
- Experience in Agile methodology.
- Knowledge of Medical Device Regulations
- Knowledge in build automation tools (Maven) and continuous integration (Jenkins)
Skills & Capabilities:
The ideal candidate for this position will exhibit the following skills and competencies:
- Analytical capacity and technical knowledge to propose solutions for issues and challenges in software development.
- Highly organized and detail-oriented, with the ability to multi-task.
- Proactivity, but still work well in a team-oriented environment.
- Good communication skills to perform a demo and to communicate with the rest of the team and other stakeholders
- Flexibility and adaptability to a fast-changing environment
- Great work capacity
- Good English speaking and writing skills.
- Up to 10% of time
Send us your CV
Please, send us your CV if you wish to apply to this position.