Sales Application Specialist - Biotechnology
About the Position
JOB DESCRIPTION: Sales Application Specialist
Title of position: Sales Application Specialist - Biotechnology
Name of Department: Sales
This position reports to: Area Manager
Number of direct reports (and total number of team members) reporting to this position: 0
The Sales Application Specialist (SAS) of Biotechnology will be responsible for sales, promotion, applications, customer trainings, demonstrations and technical support to the customers to guarantee the right performance of reagents, instruments and IT solutions in Biotechnology laboratories with Werfen solutions.
The SAS will provide our customers with solutions that adapt to their changing needs, creating a relationship of trust that will bring value to the Company in the medium and long term.
- Assure the Compliance with Ethical Code
- Customer advisory in improving laboratory organization and providing the best solutions considering the customer needs
- Continued attention to the customer, providing product information, encouraging the cross-selling and introducing new techniques, based on cost/efficiency.
- Capable of presenting biotechnology products and concepts to institutions, end-user groups, clinicians, investigators and expert groups.
- Organize special visits with Product Managers when needed.
- Coordinate instrument installations interacting with the different departments involved (Logistics, Technical Service, Product Managers, ...)
- Perform demonstrations and build trust in our solutions
- Keep the training level of our user’s analyzers and reagents and manage the appropriate documentation.
- Work together with the KAM and Business Unit in the management of opportunities and risks
- Check the service level offered by the different departments of the Company assigned centers reducing the risk of complaints.
- Provide troubleshooting for technical enquiries.
- Solves product incidents at technical level in coordination with HelpLine, Technical Service and Product Managers.
- Tender management (specification and profitability analysis, preparation of the necessary documentation, litigation support).
- Achieve the sales and commercial targets established by the Company
- Provides first level (remote and/or on-site) of technical support to customer accounts regarding the products, applications and operations, assisting them with the integration of systems in their laboratories.
Budget managed (if applicable)
Internal Networking/Key relationships
- Key Account Manager
- Sales Manager
- Area Manager
- Business Unit (Business Unit Manager, Product Managers)
- Logistics (Customer Service)
- Contracting Department
Skills & Capabilities
The ideal candidate for this position will exhibit the following skills and competencies:
- Focus on results and the customer
- Enterprising, flexibility, reliability, adaptability to the changes, anticipation.
- Self-control, discipline and monitoring of guidelines.
- Listening and communicating clearly, assertiveness
- Team and individual work capability
- Market and product knowledge
- Sales and influencing skills
- Establishes relations with customers based on trust and confidence
- Self-training ability
Minimum Knowledge & Experience required for the position
- Bachelor´s Degree in Life Sciences
- Laboratory experience in molecular biology
- Additional Skills/Knowledge:
- Comprehensive knowledge in life sciences namely on molecular biology techniques like Real Time PCR or Nucleic Acid Purification
- Language: English; Portuguese (Fluent)
- Language: Spanish
- Experience and knowledge on NGS
- Experience and knowledge on Digital PCR
- Bioinformatic skills
- Experience and knowledge on Genetics and Cytogenetics
- Experience and knowledge on Oncology
- Experience in IVD industry
- Experience in sales and/or marketing
- Daily work in the Portuguese territory
- Up to 20% of international mobility
Send us your CV
Please, send us your CV if you wish to apply to this position.