About the Position
JOB DESCRIPTION: Internal Auditor
Title of position: Internal Audit
Name of Department: Internal Audit
Location: Barcelona, Spain
This position reports to: Internal Audit Manager
Number of direct reports (and total number of team members) reporting to this position: 0
Ensures successful completion of assigned audit engagements, from start to finish, and sometimes pre-planning and wrap up activities. Depending on assigned engagement, reports to one or more member(s) of the Internal Audit senior management team. Ensure a successful completion of assigned audit for all affiliates, from start to finish, including preplanning and wrap up activities.
- Conduct assigned audit engagements successfully from beginning to end.
- Identify and communicate issues raised, offering recommended solutions relevant to business and risk.
- Review the deliverables of contractors assigned to engagements providing guidance and overall review of deliverables.
- Ensure audit conclusions are based on a complete understanding of the process, circumstances, and risk.
- Execute audit programs and testing procedures relevant to risk and test objectives.
- Obtain, write and review the evidences ensuring audit conclusions are well-documented.
- Manage the Internal Audit Program, which includes assisting in the preparation of a detailed audit plan, making recommendations on the systems and procedures being reviewed, reporting on the findings and recommendations and monitoring manager’s action plans and implementation. This will involve travel to all locations.
- Communicate assigned tasks to engagement team in a manner that is clear and concise ensuring high quality, accurate, and efficient results.
- Organizes agenda and personal planning along the week of audit fieldwork.
- Continue to build relations across the company offering a business advice service as and when required.
- Conduct any reviews ad-hoc.
- Handle highly confidential information.
- Perform statistical and financial analyses.
Budget managed (if applicable)
Internal Networking/Key relationships
Effective communications and relationship with all affiliates stake holders.
Skills & Capabilities:
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Think and act independently.
- Determine strategies to achieve goals.
- Prepare comprehensive reports and correspondence.
- Ability to recognize when learned theoretical concepts should be applied.
- Solid understanding and ability to apply risk and control concepts.
- Interact professionally with various levels of hierarchy employees and outside Group
- Understand, interpret, and apply laws, rules, regulations, policies, procedures, contracts, budgets, and fiscal practices when auditing.
- Complete audit projects on-time and within budget.
- Comfortable with change and improving activities.
- Analyze situations, identify problems, recommend solutions
- Use of initiative and confident decision making.
- Time management – priority setting.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office products.
- SAP basic knowledge.
Min Knowledge & Experience required for the position:
- Bachelor's degree - Accounting, Finance, Business Administration, Public Administration, Information Systems or another related field.
- MBA or Higher Educational Degree in Finance, Accounting desirable.
- A minimum of at least 3 years audit experience is required as well as one or more relevant professional certifications (i.e. CPA, CIA, CISA, CFE).
- Big four accounting firm experience is desirable but not required.
- Required: Yes
- 50% - 75% of time
Send us your CV
Please, send us your CV if you wish to apply to this position.