Molecular Business Line Manager
About the Position
JOB DESCRIPTION: Molecular Business Line Manager
Title of position: Molecular Business Line Manager
Name of Department: Autoimmune and Infectious Disease
This position reports to: AID Business Manager
Number of direct reports (and total number of team members) reporting to this position: 0
Direct responsibility for achieving sales and installed base management goals for Molecular products the UK. Responsible for managing the P&L for Molecular. He/she will be responsible for developing and implementing sales strategy and plans as well as ensuring customer satisfaction. He or she will provide market intelligence and sales forecasts for Molecular in the UK.
To maximize sales of Werfen’s Molecular by the orchestration of a highly professional sales and support function to both current and potential customers. This is to be achieved by the training of and co-ordination of the sales and support functions provided by the Area Accounts managers along with specific individual responsibilities focused on sales, marketing and support activities.
- Customer Focus: Ensuring that the internal or external customer’s perspective is a driving force behind strategic priorities, business decisions, organizational processes, and individual activities, crafting and implementing service practices that meet customers’ and own organization’s needs; promoting and operationalizing customer service as a value.
- Decision Making: Identifying and understanding problems and opportunities by gathering, analyzing, and interpreting quantitative and qualitative information; choosing the best course of action by establishing clear decision criteria, generating and evaluating alternatives, and making timely decisions; taking action that is consistent with available facts and constraints and optimizes probable consequences.
- Uses market data and company know-how (i.e. CRM) to help segment the market and define appropriate sales targets and strategies
- Manages and controls the cost of sales for Molecular, reviewing margins, P&L and expenses identifying ways to improve bottom line
- Prepares forecasts and other monthly reports as required by AIID Business manager/UK Country Manager and/or headquarters
- Negotiates with key accounts in the area and promotes company products and services
- Responsible for management and sales to key integrated delivery networks / Private labs
- Responsible for management of relationships with primary contractors in relation to managed equipment service models in collaboration with the other BUMs
- Responsible for ensuring successful completion of tender documentation and submission
- Plans and coordinates trade shows and sales meetings for the area, and provides coverage from the group at national shows
- Manages and maintains relationships with companies in collaboration with the AIID Business manager with which we distribute products for in order to ensure success and positive growth
- Performs other duties as the position requires and as directed by the AIID Business Manager
- Devise and execute product and scientific support events, eg, technical workshops and high level scientific meetings.
- New product development and launch – liaise with UK and International sales teams to ensure products meet market requirements.
- Identify and gain access to key opinion leaders (KOL) to support current marketing strategies and product development.
- Sales force training and motivation. This will involve dynamic information updates on both competitive threats and Molecular product features benefits. Also competitive weaknesses and strategies to exploit those weaknesses.
- Liaise with manufacturers to ensure products meet customer expectation and needs.
- To support Werfen’s potential and existing customers with products and consumables, ensuring that they are correctly trained on the use of the products, regularly updated with information on changes / modifications or new product releases. To provide support to end users experiencing technical difficulties and aid them in the formulation of new applications for existing product lines.
- Create, maintain and update training aides to cover the core demonstration features of the Molecular products.
- Assist with the maintenance of the Werfen UK website and other digital tools.
- Responsibility with the Business Manager for the completion of tenders. Specifically the MBLM will take the responsibility of completing the technical specification and financial sections of the tenders.
- Liaison with key market influencers including Centres of Excellence and the various UK External Quality Control Bodies. Liaison with the UK Medical Devices Agency regarding evaluation of Werfen and competitor products.
- Coordinate, rationalize and disseminate UK complaints.
The MBLM will create, coordinate and continually update a competitor information database. This database will contain information on equipment, reagents and methodologies. Critical information should be immediately disseminated to the Business Manager and Area Account Managers.
- Facilitate the access to Standard Operating Procedures and update / extend to new products where deemed necessary by the Business Manager.
- MBLM should monitor Werfen instrument performance in EQA schemes.
- The MBLM should review scientific journals for relevant papers / articles and industry magazines for pertinent topics. The MBLM should also scour the UK NEQAS exercises for information regarding trends and for possible problems with Werfen and competitor analysers / reagents. All information should be appropriately distributed.
- Be responsible for the successful resolution of “problematic” sites, sites which by the nature or duration of the reported problems are deemed to be very critical.
- Aide the Business Manager with the organization of an agenda for the AID Departments Sales Meetings.
- General product information gathering and feedback to aide the marketing function.
- Submit by the 15th day of each month a complaints summary and monthly report.
Budget managed (if applicable)
Internal Networking/Key relationships
- Liaises with BUMs when responding to multidiscipline tenders
- Collaborates with Service Manager to ensure complete customer satisfaction
- Collaborates with back office departments to ensure complete customer satisfaction
- Collaborates with HR manager as appropriate
- Collaborates with Financial controller as appropriate
- Collaborates with Contract Manager
- Collaborates (and directly reports to) AIID Business Manager
Minimum Skills & Capabilities:
- Excellent communication and leadership skills
- Empowers colleagues in the team
- Long term focus and planning
- Strategic mind set
- Team working
- Delivers results
- Customer focus
- Stakeholder Management (internal and external)
- Relationship management
- Negotiation capabilities
- Flexibility and adaptability to a fast changing environment
- Seizes accountability
- Solid business and financial Acumen
Minimum Knowledge & Experience required for the position:
BSc in Science or Business or related field. A minimum of 5 years microbiology business or related experience. Proficient computer skills, including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, SAP and other corporate tools.
- Customer dynamics (their processes, value chain…)
- IVD market
- Competitor dynamics
- Company products, solutions and services in terms of impact on the customer’s value chain (Clinical, Economical, and Organisational). Familiarity with Health Economics
- Selling techniques
- Applicable norms to tendering processes
- Excellent grasp of profitability concepts and P&L influencers
- Required: Yes
- Attend Werfen global meetings as required.
- As required within UK to fulfil the role. UK travel is approximately ~ 60% of time
Send us your CV
Please, send us your CV if you wish to apply to this position.