IT Implementation Specialist
About the Position
JOB DESCRIPTION: IT Implementation Specialist
Title of position: IT Implementation Specialist
Name of Department: IT
Location: Warrington, UK
This position reports to: IT Business Unit Manager
Number of direct reports (and total number of team members) reporting to this position: 0
Install Werfen IT products and implement instrument networking across all business units within Werfen Limited. Work with the Werfen IT Solutions Architect to create, manage and deploy IT project plans. Train customers and, where necessary, other Werfen employees, in all IT products available from Werfen. As required to support the IT Business Unit Manager on IT specific issues in the preparation of tenders.
- With the IT Business Unit Manager, and other IT Implementation Specialists, ensure that installations and initial training of IT products are carried out efficiently and effectively.
- Installation of Werfen Secure Network Solutions, liaising with relevant Werfen and customer staff as needed to progress projects all the way from design through to installation
- Liaise with the customer, IT Solutions Architect & Application Specialists to create detailed project plans with realistic milestones. Ensure any plan created is fully shared with the customer and added to the appropriate folder in Fiori.
- Maintain accurate and up to date customer and system information. Maintain the IT products database and provide appropriate input to the Sales database. You are responsible for ensuring this information is kept up to date on Fiori as required. The maintenance of Fiori Application and CRM is absolutely mandatory.
- Liaise with the Business Unit Managers, Sales Managers and Marketing Managers in the completion of tenders where IT input is required and complete any specific IT specification questions, when requested to do so.
- Liaise frequently with the Coagulation, Acute Care and Autoimmune/Infectious Disease Application Specialists to ensure a smooth and free flow of information horizontally.
- Be aware of, and report on, competitive activities / strategies.
- Ensure the IT Business Unit Manager is advised immediately of any problems which might prevent the achievement of your objectives.
- Maintain current knowledge of IT, PC and Operating System issues.
- Maintain a current basic knowledge of the operation and applications of all instruments with which IT products are used.
- With the IT Business Manager and IT Specialists ensure that documented installation and configuration procedures are available for all IT products.
- Liaise with the suppliers of Werfen IT products (e.g. Werfen Clinical Software, ONQU) as required.
- As required, provide training to Area Account Managers and Application Specialists for relevant aspects of IT.
- Liaise with Area Account Managers and Application Specialists, IT Solutions Architect and the Service Department in order to ensure smooth and trouble-free installation of IT products.
- Actively promote Werfen IT products to users and non-users of Werfen instrumentation, suppliers of other analysers and of host computer systems as appropriate.
- Carry out presentations and demonstrations of IT products to the highest level of professionalism.
- Assist, as required, in the planning and execution of new product launches.
- Liaise, as required, with suppliers of host computer systems and non-Werfen analysers to ensure smooth implementation of Werfen IT product installations.
- Provide a monthly report of your activities, by the first Monday of each month.
- Provide the IT Business Unit Manager with an itinerary for the coming week by each Friday via Outlook Calendar.
- Utilising Fiori Application, complete customer reports post any site visit
- Utilising Fiori Application, complete and log Remote Session report following any completed remote session. Forward to Service Support Helpdesk and the customer.
- Utilise Microsoft Planner to ensure status of all projects are kept up to date with all relevant comments and attachments.
- Utilise Microsoft Project, in conjunction with IT Solutions Architect to ensure all stages of each project are mapped, allocated and executed according to the project plan.
- Ensure the use of Application Specialist Fiori to create tickets linked to calendar entries.
- Ensure all completed tickets, inclusive of all information, are closed promptly in order that a monthly report of activities can be created.
- Application and Hardware testing in house to support new version releases and hardware solutions.
- Creation of customer complaints in SAP in accordance with quality procedures.
- Plan and carry out IT infrastructure upgrades, as agreed by the Business Unit Managers, working with the IT Solutions Architect and IT Support Specialists as required.
- Do not regard the foregoing as exclusive or in order of priority; be proactive in furthering our aims and objectives.
Budget managed (if applicable)
Internal Networking/Key relationships
- IT Business Unit Manager
- Acute Care, AI/ID Business, Haemostasis Unit Managers and Technical Services Manager
- IT Solutions Architect
- IT Support Specialists
- IT Governance, Risk and Compliance Lead
- Marketing Managers, Sales Managers, Area Account Managers and Application Specialists – All Business Groups
- IT and Network Technician
- Service Support Specialists
- Sales Coordinators
Minimum Skills & Capabilities:
This is a high-visibility position. The ideal candidate will have a combination of IT and diagnostics experience, excellent knowledge of diagnostic IT solutions, with high-energy and be extremely self-motivated. Must be able to build cooperative relationships and work as part of a team
- Scientific, Engineering and Technical proficiency
- IT literacy – including complex applications, databases, communications protocols and network infrastructure
- Ability to work effectively under pressure and as part of a team
- Outstanding communication skills, both spoken and written
- Efficient planning and organisation capability
- Interest in problem solving and issue identification
- Keen attention to detail
- Positive and Helpful attitude.
Knowledge & Experience required for the position (some or all of the following):
Bachelors level degree or equivalent combination of education and experience in an IT, Technical or Support related field, with a minimum of 36 months employment experience post education, plus:
- Network infrastructure understanding / experience - hardware and system configuration and ability to follow architecture models (Layer 2 / 3 network configuration knowledge)
- Access Control Systems - understanding active directory and domain management
- VPN knowledge - IPSec and Open VPN
- Configuration of Routing / Firewalls / Interfaces / vLAN creation and management.
- Configuration and Management of Virtual Machines - (Hyper-V and VMWare knowledge an advantage)
- Oracle Data base use / experience
- Health communications standards - API requirements and security requirements, HIS / LIS
- Working within or assisting with 'project managed' system implementations
- Must be able to demonstrate IT operational and support skills
- Ideally have experience in laboratory-based health care diagnostics
- Able to use the most common office software and corporate IT systems (e.g. SAP)
- Required: Yes, occasionally
- Attend training as required usually in Werfen Headquarters in Barcelona
- UK-wide as required to fulfil the role. This will mean travelling most days (>90%)
Send us your CV
Please, send us your CV if you wish to apply to this position.