IT Area Account Manager
About the Position
JOB DESCRIPTION: IT Area Account Manager
Title of position: IT Area Account Manager
Name of Department: IT
This position reports to: IT Business Manager
Number of direct reports (and total number of team members) reporting to this position: 0
To promote, maximise and maintain Werfen UK sales of Modulab systems by the provision to users and potential customers of highly professional product sales activity. The role will require interaction with each of the other three business units and service department. This position is sales orientated with a primary focus on establishing Modulab as fully functioning LIS system in the UK, however, there may be some overlap with other products in the Werfen IT portfolio including:
- Werfen Secure Networks
- QUANTA Link
- GEMweb Plus 500
- GEMLive/ROTEM Live
- Synapse Link
- Run your sales area as your business to maximise profitable sales of systems.
- Maintain a current and in-depth knowledge of Modulab; keep up to date with other Werfen IT portfolio products and where these may interact or overlap.
- Establish a customer call frequency appropriate to the level and state of business at each account.
- Carry out sales visits, presentations and demonstrations of Modulab to the highest level of professionalism.
- Build close relationships with the different KOL, carry out visits to customers and encourage collaboration agreements.
- Maximise existing Modulab installed base by encouraging additional instrument connections and relevant upgrades.
- Assist the IT Business Unit Manager in planning different marketing activities (congresses, Stands, Workshops, product launches, scientific sessions, etc...).
- Working with the Service Coordinator ensure customer service contracts are up to date, priced accordingly and renewals issued.
- All new accounts are to be entered into CRM Fiori, including:
- Customer name
- Contact details
- Contract renewal date
- In conjunction with the IT Implementation Specialist Team ensure that new systems are installed efficiently and brought into routine use as quickly as possible.
- Follow up all installations to ensure total customer satisfaction.
- With the aid of the IT Implementation Specialist Team ensure satisfactory training programmes are delivered for total customer satisfaction.
- Maintain accurate and up to date prospect lists utilising CRM Fiori You are responsible for ensuring this information is kept up to date.
- The maintenance of CRM is absolutely mandatory with particular focus on the Fiori Value Prompter tool. This will include:
- Business Issue being identified
- Anxiety question
- Problem description
- Power (Decision makers)
- Ensure CRM Fiori information is correct to allow accurate:
- Market mapping
- Pipeline forecast
- At each account ensure that all decision makers are identified, visited and sold to, including supplies and management personnel.
- Provide a rolling twelve-month sales forecast at the beginning of each calendar month. You must be able to give an in-depth review of each account on the presented forecast.
- Liaise with the IT Business Unit Manager in the completion of tenders.
- Liaise frequently with other Business Groups Area Account Managers to ensure a smooth and free flow of information horizontally. Use this liaison to obtain and provide additional cover for yours, and their areas, thereby maximising the effectiveness of your customer visits.
- Liaise regularly with your other field-based staff (e.g. Field Service Engineers, IT & Application Specialists) to ensure a free flow of market information.
- Visit lost sales, obtain debrief information and maintain contact for future business.
- Be aware of and report on competitive activities / strategies.
- Maintain a current and in-depth knowledge of competitive products.
- Seek the views of users and non-users on our products and their future product wishes.
- Provide the Business Unit Manager with a monthly report covering your activities for the month, relevant comments relating specifically to the sales forecast, lost business and objectives for the next month, achievement of the previous month’s objectives plus a rolling 12-month sales forecast.
- Ensure the Business Unit Manager is advised immediately of any problems which might prevent the achievement of your objectives.
- Ensure that you are familiar with our Quality System and follow relevant procedures
- Use the complaint system effectively. With the IT Support Specialists ensure all relevant customer information is entered.
- With the aid of the IT Support Specialists ensure complaints are closed to total customer satisfaction.
- Ensure full compliance with the Werfen code of ethics.
- Do not regard the foregoing as exclusive, be proactive in furthering our aims and objectives.
Measures of Performance:
The following measures will be used to determine satisfactory performance.
- Your sales targets are met in both product mix and volume terms.
- All customer records are up to date in CRM.
- Market is mapped and kept up to date
- Up to date pipeline forecast available from CRM Fiori
- A call plan is in use and is being followed systematically.
- A detailed itinerary for the coming week is available on your Outlook calendar by 5.00pm on each Friday.
- A rolling 12-month sales forecast is maintained.
- Demonstration instruments are maintained in good order.
- A monthly forecast as described above is provided by the 25th day of each month.
Budget managed (if applicable)
Internal Networking/Key relationships
- IT Business Unit Manager
- Sales & Service Coordinator(s)
- Area Account Manager in other business units
- IT Specialists
- IT Solutions Architect
- Application Specialists
- Contracts Manager
Minimum Skills & Capabilities:
- Team working
- Delivers results
- Customer focus
- Relationship management
- Negotiation capabilities
- Flexibility and adaptability to a fast-changing environment
- Seizes accountability
- Solid business and financial Acumen
Minimum Knowledge & Experience required for the position:
BSc in Science or Business or related field. A minimum of 5 years business or related experience. Proficient computer skills, including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, SAP and other corporate tools.
- Customer dynamics (their processes, value chain)
- IVD market
- Knowledge in IT & Information systems
- Experience with Laboratory/Hospital Information Systems or other IVD/Medical Device data management systems.
- Competitor dynamics
- Company products, solutions and services in terms of impact on the customer’s value chain (Clinical, Economical and Organisational). Familiarity with Health Economics
- Selling techniques
- Applicable norms to tendering processes
- Required: YES
- Attend Werfen local / global meetings and training as required
- 75% of time
Send us your CV
Please, send us your CV if you wish to apply to this position.