In Werfen, consideration for People is the key factor for success.
You will have the chance to work for a Company leader in the in-vitro diagnostics market, with an international appeal, an high-quality interpersonal relationships, a constant attention for people and the opportunity to emerge and grow professionally…these are some of the main elements that characterize the culture of our Company.
We want people to choose to work in Werfen for the environment and for professional growth opportunities, with initiative and innovation attitude.
For our Supply Chain Department, based in Milan (Italy) we are looking for the:
REGIONAL SUPPLY CHAIN MANAGER
You will report to the Corporate Supply Chain Director, in the Supply Chain Department and with your professionalism you will help to perform our mission: to be the trusted partner for innovative and sustainable high-quality solutions in the in-vitro diagnostics market.
The Regional Supply Chain Manage is responsible for managing the supply chain of the EMEAI (Europe, Middle East, Africa and India) regions, including procurement, logistics, inventory control and customer service. This role ensures product is stored and delivered to customers at the right time, in the right quantity and with the expected quality. The EMEAI Supply Chain Manager provides demand needs to Corporate Planning, balancing service level and costs. This role is responsible for the optimization of transportation costs by negotiating with freight vendors and setting transportation routes. This role guarantees that customer service follows policies stablished by Corporate Global Customer Service.
Here Is a Glimpse of What You’ll Do
- Leads Logistics, Warehousing, Import/Export, Inventory Control and Customer Service teams, setting strategy for these groups that meets performance goals and customers’ expectations
- Manages the P&L account of the EMEAI supply chain area, ensuring adherence to budget and meeting Company’s financial goals
- Oversees Logistics of the region, managing the flow of goods between the point of origin and the point of consumption in the most efficient and cost-effective manner to meet customers’ requirements
- Identifies the most efficient and cost-effective methods to move finish goods inventory throughout the supply chain
- Manages distribution projects across the area of his responsibility in coordination with Corporate Supply Chain
- Maintains and ensures a good coordination with Corporate Planning to meet customers’ expectations while balancing logistics costs and inventory levels
- Leads local S&OP process, gathering demand inputs and forecast from domestic market and communicating efficiently to Corporate Planning
- Oversees local Customer Service team focused on identifying customer satisfaction drivers and providing best-in-class front and back office service
- Ensures customers’ requests are answered in a timely manner, anticipating their needs and prioritizing first contact resolution metrics
- Coordinates with the Global Customer Service Director the implementation of standard procedures and best-in-class practices
- Motivates and fosters employees development, providing guidance, mentoring and identifying training needs
- Provides cross-functional collaboration with Sales, Marketing, Service, Finance and QA/RA departments to ensure strategy alignment
- Oversees procurement of warehouse consumables, transportation rates and logistics services are available at the most cost-effective price to meet customer demand and quality standards
- Is liable for people’s safety in the work place, guaranteeing safety measures are in place and safety procedures are followed within premises
- Guarantees all distribution processes are compliant with local laws and certifications, including ISO 9001 and ISO 14001
- Keeps local supply chain procedures and working instructions updated
Here Is Some of What You’ll Provide
- Building Talent: Planning and supporting the development of individuals’ knowledge, skills, and abilities so that they can fulfill current or future job responsibilities more effectively.
- Customer Focus: Ensuring that the internal or external customer’s perspective is a driving force behind strategic priorities, business decisions, organizational processes, and individual activities.
- Decision Making: Identifying and understanding problems and opportunities by gathering, analyzing, and interpreting quantitative and qualitative information; and making timely decisions;
- Driving for Results: tenaciously working to meet or exceed goals while deriving satisfaction from that achievement and continuous improvement.
- Driving Innovation: Creating an environment that inspires people to generate novel solutions with measurable value for existing and potential customers (internal or external).
- Emotional Intelligence Essentials: Establishing and sustaining trusting relationships by accurately perceiving and interpreting own and others’ emotions and behavior.
- Business/Engineering/Supply Chain degree,
- Master’s degree in Supply Chain Management preferred
- Significant length of years of broad-based supply chain experience
- Minimum 5 years leading a supply chain department or international distribution center
- Additional Skills/Knowledge:
- Knowledge of lean and six sigma concepts
- Strong communicator, able to effectively interact throughout all levels of the organization and across all disciplines
- Language: Fluent Italian and English language. Spanish highly recommended
YOU ARE THE PERSON WE ARE LOOKING FOR!
Send us your Resume and join the Werfen Team!