Senior Scientist (Biokit)
About the Position
JOB DESCRIPTION: SENIOR SCIENTIST
Title of position: Senior Scientist
Name of Department: Research and Development/Biotechnology Research Unit
Location: : Lliçà d’Amunt, Spain
This position reports to: Director, Biotechnology R&D (Inova)
Number of direct reports (and total number of team members) reporting to this position: N/A
A qualified scientist to contribute to R&D initiatives. An energetic, enthusiastic, effective individual contributor working to lead R&D projects. Working hands-on alongside other scientists in the lab, developing novel methodology, furthering our understanding of biochemical phenomena, reading scientific literature, designing and conducting experiments to generate and characterize novel antigenic autoimmunity markers for IVD. Assisting innovation, assay development and biotechnology teams to design, generate and analyze proof of concept technologies. A flexible, out of the box thinker, a hands-on scientist, a good communicator, and have significant practical experience developing and using biological/chemical laboratory techniques.
- Leads efforts in biochemical characterization regarding IVD products
- Collaborates cross-functionally with other scientists and engineers in R&D to develop new technologies.
- Troubleshoots chemical and biological methods
- Stays current on literature in the field
- Trains and mentors junior scientists/technicians
- Writes and present reports
- Keeps an organized and detailed and up to date notebook and to record data accurately.
- Designs experimental plans to aid in assay generation and final utility of bio reagents
- Works in teams, interacts with other colleagues inside and outside biotechnology team and communicates effectively. Is able to impact colleagues, processes, team, cross functional groups and the organization.
- Works with frequent interruptions and changes in workload priorities, has ability to prioritize tasks.
- Maintains strong communication with team leadership.
- Works safely with cell lines and hazardous materials.
- Follows Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) and other documentation to perform job functions
- Understands the safety, technical, recordkeeping and Quality Systems Regulations (QSR) aspects of their position.
- Informs leadership of laboratory equipment needs and other supplies required to avoid interruptions to workflow.
- Ensures compliance with applicable Inova standard operating procedures (SOPs), ISO, FDA and other Quality System regulations, as well as applicable Environmental Health & Safety, Human Resources and all other regulatory and administrative policies.
- Reflects the values of Werfen and Inova in the quality of work and in working relationships.
Budget managed (if applicable)
Internal Networking/Key relationships
This position will work collaboratively with other internal R&D Units and corporate R&D units, and will maintain a regular relationship with other Internal Biokit Departments.
Skills & Capabilities:
- Adaptability and Resilience
- Analytical, organizational and multi-tasking skills
- Team work & collaboration
- Innovative thinking
- Detail orientation
- Time management
Minimum Knowledge & Experience required for the position:
- Master degree in Chemistry, Biology, Microbiology, Cellular Biology, Biochemistry, or similar field of study (or)
- PhD in Chemistry, Biology, Microbiology, Cellular Biology, Biochemistry, or similar field of study.
- If Master´s in Biochemistry, Biology, Biotechnology, Chemistry or equivalent: +7 years of industrial experience (Pharma/IVD/Biotech preferred)
- If PhD in Biochemistry, Biology, Biotechnology, Chemistry or equivalent: +3 years of industrial experience (Pharma/IVD/Biotech preferred)
- Other Skills/Knowledge:
- Significant hands-on experience of biochemical techniques required
- Significant hands-on experience of protein expression on mammalian, insect and E.coli systems
- Significant hands-on experience of biochemical analysis techniques (HPLC, etc)
- Strong drive and interest for innovation
- Experience in IVD development preferred
- Knowledge and experience in general lab protocols
- Knowledge of laboratory safety requirements and procedures
- Knowledge and experience with laboratory equipment
- Highly organized, extraordinary work ethic, disciplined, and punctual
- Strong communication and documentation skills
- Enthusiasm and scientific integrity
- Language: ability to write and communicate effectively in English (advanced level)
- 15% of time
Send us your CV
Please, send us your CV if you wish to apply to this position.