About the Position
JOB DESCRIPTION: Scientist
Title of position: Scientist
Name of Department: R&D Biokit
This position reports to: Coordinator or R&D Manager
Number of direct reports (and total number of team members) reporting to this position: None
Performs a broad range of laboratory experiments, tests and procedures using professional judgement and sometimes ingenuity in the selection of standard methods, adaption of those methods to specific tasks, and analysis of results. Assignments concern specific objectives involving a number of tasks to be defined, performed, and results analyzed.
- Understands the application of the scientific method to experimental design and problem solving; is able to apply knowledge and experience to generally routine problems
- Detects deviations in results and potential problems; suggests modification in protocols or standard methodology to define the causes of deviations and overcome problems
- Understands the general requirements for successful completion of broad objectives and is able to define intermediate appropriate objectives
- Schedules specific tasks, performs or supervises the performance of those tasks, analyzes results, compares and collates results from various tasks and determines the status of progress relative to objectives. May give detailed work direction on specific assignments to one or more technicians
- Recommends improvements in standard methodologies and protocols. Maintains accurate and precise laboratory or electronic notebook
- Writes appropriate reports and communicates progress appropriately within Biokit or to OEM customers
- Achieves a wider knowledge and utilization of scientific literature in relevant areas
- Performs other related duties as assigned or position requires Performs routine laboratory procedures as required by his/her supervisor
Internal Networking/Key relationships
- R&D team, Operations, Quality, and Marketing representatives
- Scientists and project managers from external customers
- Lab Manager
Skills & Capabilities:
- Scientific, technical, and numerical skills
- A logical and independent mind
- Ability to work independently
- Meticulous attention to detail and accuracy
- Excellent analytical skills
- Excellent teamwork and interpersonal skills
- Written and oral communication skills
Min Knowledge & Experience required for the position:
- Education: Master's degree in a scientific discipline, or equivalent, or a BSc degree.
- Duties necessitate full use and application of standard principles, theories, concepts, and techniques, typically acquired through at least 2-year experience
- Additional Skills/Knowledge:
- Must demonstrate ability to apply general scientific methods and theoretical knowledge to tasks within one area of expertise
- Language: Fluency in English and Spanish or Catalan
- Must have experience in chromatographic techniques, either in protein purification or analytical characterization setting.
- Experience in development of analytical characterization methods based on HPLC is required.
- Knowledge in other analytical methods development will be valued.
- Experience in design & scaling up of protein purification processes will be highly valued.
- Required: No
- Sporadic travel or short/medium-term assignment to an external lab may be required
Send us your CV
Please, send us your CV if you wish to apply to this position.