Microbiology - Product Manager
About the Position
JOB DESCRIPTION: Product Manager
Title of position: Product Manager
Name of Department: Microbiology Business Unit
This position reports to: BU Manager
Number of direct reports (and total number of team members) reporting to this position: 0
The candidate must define and implement strategies addressed to market requirements for new products. Performs product management of a dedicated product line. Prepares a marketing support program for a specific product, product line, or product area. Coordinates its implementation with technical, logistics and contracting services, and distribution partners and sales organization. Provides marketing assistance to field personnel and customers.
- Acts as key marketing technical liaison on all product lines, providing product and regulatory information to sales, service and customers
- Provides first level remote and on-site technical, applications, operations and regulatory support to critical and key customer accounts, assisting them with the integration of systems in their laboratories
- Interfaces with all levels of management to independently resolve conflicts/problems with company peers
- Contacts with Suppliers regarding product issues, incidences and updates.
- Attends to follow up meetings and Distributor meetings/courses.
- Maintains regular communications with technical services on problems with instruments and reagents within the product line
- Provides detailed technical training for sales staff; works with field sales staff to develop training requirements and sales tools required to introduce new products and sales campaigns for all or part of product line
- Provides presentations to customers
- Prepares and coordinates marketing support programs
- Contributes to planning and creation of advertising and promotional materials; writes technical bulletins and newsletters
- Keeps informed about developments in medical instrumentation/diagnostic industry as they apply to the company’s future marketing plans
- Understands all maintenance, performance, and advantages of Werfen products
- Understands technical aspects of Werfen and competitive products
- Monitors field test and marketing introduction programs
- Manages and drives internal projects with minimal supervision
- Ensures compliance with Werfen Code of Ethics
Budget managed (if applicable)
Internal Networking/Key relationships
- Contacts with Sales Dept.
- Contacts with Logistics Dept.
- Contacts with Technical Service Dept.
- Contacts with Contracting Dept.
Skills & Capabilities
- Business Acumen
- Ability to work independently managing assigned projects
- Presentation skills
- Customer Focus
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Organizational Agility
- Ability to build strong business relationships
- Drive for Results
- Effective team-player
Minimum Knowledge & Experience required for the position
- Bachelor´s Degree in Life Sciences, Medical Technology or related discipline, desired in infectious diseases
- Additional degree in business administration, marketing, or equivalent preferred
- PhD/MD valuable
- Minimum three years’ experience in sales and/or marketing within the healthcare industry
- Prior experience in junior marketing product management positions
- Additional Skills/Knowledge
- Required: Yes
- Up to 60% of time
- Territory: Portugal and Spain
Send us your CV
Please, send us your CV if you wish to apply to this position.