IT & Service Specialist
About the Position
JOB DESCRIPTION: IT & Service Specialist, Southeast Asia
Title of position: IT & Service Specialist, Southeast Asia
Name of Department: IT & Technical Service
Location: Bangkok (Thailand).
This position reports to: South East Asia Regional Director
Number of direct reports (and total number of team members) reporting to this position: 0
- The Southeast Asia IT & Service Specialist is responsible for installing clinical software in laboratories and hospitals, training Sales Representatives, Service Specialists, Field Service Engineers as well as end-users (internally and/or from distribution partners), customer IT groups and vendors.
- Assists as needed in establishing correct network and IT requirements and configurations for potential and existing customers.
- Support any activity or need related to Technical Service in the region.
- Responsible for maintaining the company’s computer network, IT solutions and Demo room.
- Assume the lead technical role for clinical software solutions.
- Install, configure, maintain and troubleshoot clinical software solutions.
- Provide pre-sales consulting for company’s software applications and implementation. Including customer site visits to identify and resolve issues affecting customer`s network working closely with the hospital`s IT department.
- Refer complex problems to Corporate Clinical Software department, serving as liaison between the company and customers.
- Perform required clinical software technical training sessions.
- Serve as a company technical service reference person and liaison.
- Manage the Demo Room once available, including analyzers and clinical software configuration and maintenance.
- Manage and lead all IT/Systems matters and projects in South East Asia: Internet network, IP Phone, SAP support, remote connections and communications.
- Assists employees setting up and operating personal computers, printers and other peripheral equipment.
- Support any corporate project involving software solutions: Werfen Academy, Werfen Touch, Microsoft Teams communities...
- Assures the Compliance with the Werfen Code of Ethics Lives and exemplifies Werfen’s Values in all interactions with internal and external stakeholders.
Budget managed (if applicable)
Internal Networking/Key relationships
To be determined based on department needs, to include interactions such as:
- Sales and Marketing Teams
- Application Specialists
- Distribution Partners
- Customers / End Users
- Corporate Clinical Software
- Corporate IT Department
- Strategic Business Units / Clinical SW Team
Skills & Capabilities:
- Good judgement
- Functional/technical skills
- Driver of results with acute customer focus
- Self-motivated and willing to take initiative
- Dynamic and able to work in a fast-paced environment
- Adaptability to change
- High level of customer focus.
- Ability to listen to others, capture and understand their concerns, interests and feelings, and to respond in an appropriate way
- Excellent communication skills
- Able to manage a large workload
- Systematic Approach
- Organizational skills
- Attention to detail
- Team work
Min Knowledge & Experience required for the position:
- Education: A Bachelor’s Degree in a related technical subject: Degree in Information Technology, Electronics, Biomedical Engineering, Medical Technology or similar.
- Minimum experience of 1-3 years in similar roles.
- Additional Skills/Knowledge:
- Excellent communication skills and fluency in English (written and spoken)
- Knowledge of administration and maintenance of servers and workstations in both, hardware and software areas.
- Good Knowledge of Windows, networking (wiring, HUB, Switch, DNS//DHCP, firewall solutions, network diagnostics...), relational databases and SQL queries, ASTM and HL7 communication protocols
- MS Office Suite Skills (Outlook, Word, Excel and PowerPoint…) including the ability to manipulate data and build presentations
- Knowledge of Linux would be valued
- Knowledge of automation lines in laboratory environments would be valued
Travel requirements (domestic and international):
- Up to 50% of time
Send us your CV
Please, send us your CV if you wish to apply to this position.