International Customer Service Supervisor
About the Position
Title of position: International Customer Service Supervisor
Location: Barcelona (Spain)
Name of Department: International Customer Service
This position reports to: GBS Client Services Manager or Director
Number of direct reports (and total number of team members) reporting to this position: 3-5
The International Customer Service Supervisor will be responsible for ensuring a positive customer experience across the area of EEMEAI and ROW Affiliates. This individual will supervise the day-to-day functions of the International Customer Service Department in order to meet and exceed service and operational objectives. This person will work cross functionally with other departments to ensure the highest level of customer satisfaction is achieved and maintained. The International Customer Service Supervisor will be responsible for assisting Management with hiring and evaluating employees. In addition, this position will be responsible for identifying training needs, coaching, and mentoring to ensure we are delivering the highest level of customer service possible
- Supervises and monitors the activities of the assigned team to ensure timely, considerate, and accurate responses are being provided to our customers.
- Monitors and adjusts staffing levels to ensure that enquiries are being answered quickly and orders provided with a confirmation within 24 hours, and personally manages VIP account of given area
- Manages and updates the customer master
- Provides management level approval on customer requests of RGA, Credits and Debit documents based on approved financial guidelines
- Provides on-going coaching, guidance, feedback, and motivation to assigned staff to ensure competent performance while adhering to departmental procedures (SOP’s).
- Serves as the first level of escalation for customer complaints and helps to resolve order issues that cannot be solved by the Customer Service Specialist.
- Effectively communicates with the GBS Client Service Manager/Director on any new developments related to Werfen Customers.
- Assists in developing work instructions and job aids for Customer Service processes in accordance with ISO standards.
- Collaborates with the GBS Client Service Manager/Director to identify continuous improvement initiatives that will reduce turnaround time, increase customer satisfaction, and enhance our reputation for quality customer service.
- Compiles daily statistical reports relative to department efficiencies using ERP as applicable.
- Regularly conducts Order Review Audits to identify employee training needs
- Creates and maintains a positive, respectful work environment for staff.
- Performs special projects as assigned.
Budget managed (if applicable)
Internal Networking/Key relationships
To be determined based on department needs, to include interactions with following groups:
- EEMEAI Sales & Marketing
- Credit Collection
Skills & Capabilities:
- The ideal candidate for this position will exhibit the following skills and competencies:
- Ability to Lead and Motivate Others
- Effective and Positive Communications
- Confident Decision Making
- Develops Positive Working Relationships both Internally and Externally
- Ability to Identify, Analyze and Solve Problems
- Excellent Oral and Written Presentation Skills
- Strong Analytical Skills
- Proficient in English, written and spoken, is mandatory. French and/or Italian highly desirable
- Good communication skills. Attention to detail, adaptability, Assertiveness.
Werfen People Manager Competencies: (applicable if in a People Manager Position)
The following competencies form part of the competency model for People Manager at Werfen and form part of our mindset around People Management and Leadership. We expect all People Managers of Werfen not only to demonstrate, but also to constantly continue to develop, the following competencies:
- Building Talent: Planning and supporting the development of individuals’ knowledge, skills, and abilities so that they can fulfill current or future job responsibilities more effectively.
- Customer Focus: Ensuring that the internal or external customer’s perspective is a driving force behind strategic priorities, business decisions, organizational processes, and individual activities, crafting and implementing service practices that meet customers’ and own organization’s needs; promoting and operationalizing customer service as a value.
- Decision Making: Identifying and understanding problems and opportunities by gathering, analyzing, and interpreting quantitative and qualitative information; choosing the best course of action by establishing clear decision criteria, generating and evaluating alternatives, and making timely decisions; taking action that is consistent with available facts and constraints and optimizes probable consequences.
- Driving for Results: Setting high goals for personal and group accomplishment; using measurement methods to monitor progress toward goals; tenaciously working to meet or exceed goals while deriving satisfaction from that achievement and continuous improvement.
- Driving Innovation: Creating an environment (culture) that inspires people to generate novel solutions with measurable value for existing and potential customers (internal or external) ; encouraging experimentation with new ways to solve work problems and seize opportunities that result in unique and differentiated solutions.
- Emotional Intelligence Essentials: Establishing and sustaining trusting relationships by accurately perceiving and interpreting own and others’ emotions and behavior; leveraging insights to effectively manage own responses so that one’s behavior matches one’s values and delivers intended results.
Min Knowledge & Experience required for the position:
- Education: Degree in Business, Marketing, or International trading, or equivalent business experience
- Minimum 5 years Customer Service experience
- Prior Supervisory or Team Lead experience preferred
- Additional Skills/Knowledge:
- Knowledge of master data and table files a plus
- Advanced skills with Microsoft Office. Strong ERP (SAP) and CRM experience preferred.
- Language: Proficient in English, written and spoken, is mandatory. French and/or Italian highly desirable
- Required: N/A
- <10% of time
Send us your CV
Please, send us your CV if you wish to apply to this position.