About the Position
Werfen, founded in 1966, is a worldwide developer, manufacturer and distributor of specialized diagnostic instruments, related reagents, automation workcells, and data management solutions for use primarily in hospitals and independent clinical laboratories. The Company’s business lines include Hemostasis, Acute Care, and Autoimmunity diagnostics, as well as Original Equipment Manufacturing. Our success comes from a specific focus in these rapidly evolving diagnostic areas, our commitment to customers, and our dedication to innovation and quality. We’re passionate about providing healthcare professionals the most valuable and complete solutions to improve hospital efficiency and enhance patient care.
Our North American Commercial Operations, as well as our Headquarters and Technology Center for Hemostasis and Acute Care Diagnostics, are based in Bedford, MA. Our Headquarters and Technology Center for Autoimmunity Diagnostics is based in San Diego, CA. Additionally, our Technology Center for Hemostasis and Blood Gas Reagents is in Orangeburg, NY, and our Technology Center for Whole Blood Hemostasis is in San Diego, CA.
Develops and implements systems and procedures to ensure effective customer service administration and field support. Supervises the performance of the Customer Service Coordinators and Export Coordinators. Candidate must be bilingual (English/Spanish).
May include any or all of the following Key Accountabilities:
- Manages the administrative and support functions of the International Customer Service Group.
- Conducts performance appraisals and recommends salary actions
- Develops training programs and implements procedures to improve department processes, including order entry, pricing maintenance and monthly cartridge credits administration.
- Monitors work practices to meet departmental goals and objectives. Takes personal action when needed to resolve customer disputes
- Recommends departmental policy or workflow changes or improvements to increase productivity.
- Maintains necessary inventories of brochures for international dealers
- Assists gathering special letters and other required forms as solicited by the distributors and affiliates to participate in public or private Tenders
- Maintains an ongoing communication with field sales and service managers and internal departments on customer service issues.
- Performs other related duties and special projects as assigned or as position requires
- Works with our Information Services & Support organization on an ongoing basis to insure that programs, reports and systems are developed to allow for effective administration related to export orders based on the current export regulations or specific country needs.
Budget Managed (if applicable)
Internal Networking/Key Relationships
- To be determined based on departmental needs
Skills & Capabilities:
- Ability to stay focused and organized in a rapidly changing work environment.
- Must demonstrate the ability to lead, motivate and direct the work of others.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills required both in English and Spanish
Min Knowledge & Experience Required for the Position:
- Broad and thorough working knowledge of the practices and procedures in the customer service field, typically acquired through a four year degree in Business Administration
- Minimum of four years of related management experience in a customer service environment.
- Familiarity Export Administration Regulations and Schedule B numbers to insure Compliance with Federal Regulations.
- Must be bilingual English and Spanish.
- Must be proficient on personal computer with word processing, spreadsheet and presentation graphic software packages.
- Working knowledge of export documentation requirements.
- Familiarity with Import process
International Mobility: No
Travel Requirements: No
If you are interested in constantly learning and being challenged on a daily basis, we encourage you to submit your resume or CV.
Werfen appreciates and values diversity. We are an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer M/F/D/V.
We operate directly in over 30 countries, and in more than 100 territories through distributors. Annual revenue is approximately $2 billion and more than 5,000 employees around the world comprise our Werfen team.