Freight Administrative (Spain)
About the Position
JOB DESCRIPTION: FREIGHT ADMINISTRATIVE
Title of position: Freight Administrative
Name of Department: Freight & Customs department
Location: Barcelona, Spain
This position reports to: Procurement, Freight & Customs Manager
Number of direct reports (and total number of team members) reporting to this position: 0
In charge of Iberian Transport, to ensure the correct freight in/out deliveries or costs of our Distribution Centers, maximizing service levels according to approved budget, and solving any issues related with Customs and Transport partners.
· Coordinates Iberian transport. Direct contact with carriers, couriers, and forwarders;
· Following up all the shipments of/from our Distribution Centers to Spain & Portugal.
· Control and accounting transport invoices.
· Solve incidences and issues related to deliveries, customs or national transport matters.
· Align with other departments the on time delivery at customers and Distribution Centre.
· Prepares and presents comprehensive reports and statistics to Senior Management
· Updating, controlling and checking transport SAP data.
· Keeps a constant interaction with Distribution, Customer Service, Sales, Marketing and QA
· Adds creative insights and contributes to priority projects.
Budget managed (if applicable)
Internal Networking/Key relationships
To be determined based on department needs, to include interactions such as:
- Customer Service
Skills & Capabilities:
- Proven ability playing with numbers and data.
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Communicative and high negotiation skills.
- Ability to prioritize issues and projects.
- Strong problem-solving.
- Analytical and methodological viewpoint.
- Capable to exercise independent judgment within general policy guidelines.
- Able to work close to other departments.
- Innovative and curious to entrepreneur new challenges.
Min Knowledge & Experience required for the position:
· Education: Graduated
o At least 2 years of experience in national or international transport (abroad EU).
· Additional Skills/Knowledge:
o Advanced Excel skills (formulas, pivot tables)
o At least 1 year of SAP or Another ERP user experience.
o Acumen of logistics and supply chain principles.
o Tracking and tracing shipments to ensure on time delivery.
o Resolving transportation complaints and incidents.
o Negotiate and analyze shipping quotes (air, sea or inland).
o Insurance management.
· Required: No
· 0% of time
Send us your CV
Please, send us your CV if you wish to apply to this position.