Area Manager Wallonia, Brussels and Luxembourg COA/AI
About the Position
Title of position: Area Manager Wallonia, Brussels and Luxembourg COA/AI
Name of Department: Core Lab
This position reports to: Director (DD) Division Autoimmunity Benelux
Number of direct reports (and total number of team members) reporting to this position: 4
Location: Brussels, Wallonia and Luxembourg
To maximize sales of Werfen by a marketing-led highly professional sales and support
function to both current and potential customers
- Will achieve sales objectives as discussed with management.
- Will work with the DD of AI and CO on the development of new marketing strategies for all CO and AI products. Will actively map the market to have a detailed understanding of the opportunities, according to corporate procedures and tools.
- Will be able to coach and develop the team in the assigned area in sales proficiency and healthcare economics.
- Will initiate and lead the monthly regional meetings in Wallonia.
- Will work with the Account Manager, Product Specialist and Application Specialist to develop contacts on strategic and tactical level, on both existing and potential customers, with focus on new sales opportunities.
- Will prepare and coach the AM in the sales objectives, such as sales conversations and join the AM during negotiations.
- Will work with the DD’s to build annual territory business plan with consideration of corporate and area objectives.
- Will prepare accurate forecasts and other sales reports as required.
- Will be able to identify the DMU and the business drivers of each customer. Will analyze existing and anticipated customer requirements and promote consideration and purchase of company products and services.
- Able to recognize challenges, opportunities and needs in the field, taking the initiative to develop supporting pieces to address them accordingly.
- Will actively check CRM for the correct and updated information about the opportunities, contacts, install base of Werfen and competitors.
- Will prepare and coordinate with the AM, PS and AS. to deliver effective product/solutions/sales presentations.
- Will coordinate the preparation and delivery of accurate and effective quotations and tenders in accordance with policies and procedures.
- Has the capability to value the company's product/solutions in terms of impact on the customer's value chain (Clinical, Economical and Organizational) and apply this during tenders and quotations.
- Will achieve and maintain a high level of competency in knowledge of and positioning of Werfen products, solutions and services. Will strive to achieve similar competency regarding competitive systems.
- Will cooperate with the DD’s in all new product launches.
- Will perform site visits with the Account Manager. These visits will include pre-tender qualification and attendance at pre-tender meetings, as well as demo support and post demo follow-up as required.
- Will support the coordination of development and promotion of Werfen reagent methodologies on competitor analyzers in the area.
- Will support different marketing activities in the area (congresses, stands, user group meetings and “road shows” for new products).
- Will provide a detailed report on activities done in CRM. This can be done through a regularly updated electronic agenda and entering visit reports in CRM on a weekly basis.
- Will support the team in logistics and planning regarding instrument- demo’s, evaluations and installations.
- Will participate, as directed, in local and international projects regarding coagulation or autoimmunity.
- Will support the Marketing & Product Management Benelux in designing, initiating and guiding local studies for Werfen Benelux.
- Will be responsible for complying with all appropriate ISO mandated policies, procedures, work instructions and other duties and responsibilities.
- Will assure implementation and execution of Value Selling methodology in the region, incorporating it during regional sales meetings.
- Will give feedback and input to DD for the Performance Management process, supporting the DD on setting up annual objectives.
Time-spending per year
- Sales Activities 70%
- Marketing & Product Support 10%
- Sales forecast & market analysis 10%
- Internal communication 10%
Budget managed (if applicable)
Yes. Sales and profitability targets for the Area of responsibility.
Internal Networking/Key relationships
The role holder will maintain a strong working relationship with the Director of Coagulation, the Director of the Autoimmunity Division and Tech. Service team , as well as the team reporting to him/her: the Account Managers, Product Specialists and Application Specialists.
Skills & Capabilities
- Delivering results
- Stakeholder management
- Customer focus (internal & external)
- Relationship and network building
- Negotiation capabilities
- Communication and listening skills
- Flexibility and proactivity to a fast-changing environment
- Long term focus and planning
- Strategy mindset
- Team player
- Leadership skills
- Excellent IT skills
- Excellent presentation skills
- Excellent time-management and a commitment to complete designated tasks in a timely manner, especially documentation such as quotations and tender specifications
- Understanding and respecting the organizational structure
- An ability and willingness to maintain close working relationships with the coagulation team (DD, PS and AS)
- Following instructions, responding to management direction, taking responsibility for his/her own actions and keeping commitments
- French and English proficiency level (Dutch will be highly valuable)
- Complying with Code of Ethics of Werfen
Min Knowledge & Experience required for the position
- Customer dynamics (their processes, value chain, etc.)
- High level of knowledge of Coagulation desirable
- Knowledge of the IVD market
- Competitor dynamics
- Selling techniques (VallueSelling, Strategic Selling)
- Grasp of profitability concepts and P&L influencers
- Applicable norms to tendering processes
- SAP, Microsoft tools.
- This is a field-based position
Send us your CV
Please, send us your CV if you wish to apply to this position.