Application Specialist AID - Benelux
About the Position
Title of position: Application Specialist Autoimmunity
Name of Department: Autoimmunity Division Benelux
This position reports to: Director Autoimmunity Division Benelux
Number of direct reports: 0
Field-based application support for Werfen Autoimmunity in-vitro diagnostics reagents, software and analysers.
The territory of field activity will be the French speaking area of Belgium (Brussels & Wallonia) and Luxembourg. Occasional interventions in Flanders may be required.
- Supports customers in all Werfen autoimmunity related technical issues or questions in his/her area, in close collaboration with the Account Management Team, Service Engineers and IT Specialists.
- Primary responsibility includes on-site verification, user training and troubleshooting of autoimmunity in-vitro diagnostics instrumentation, reagents and software.
- Will achieve and maintain a high level of competency in knowledge and positioning of Werfen products, solutions and services.
- Will support the Account Management Team with product presentations and demonstrations throughout the sales process.
- Will be responsible for gathering product information and answering application and product questions during customer tendering procedures.
- Analyzes existing and anticipated customer requirements and helps promote consideration and purchase of company products and services.
- Provides feedback to local Product Management on product performance, current & future product requirements as well as customer & market dynamics.
- Supports the Account Manager in keeping information about opportunities, contacts and install base up to date in the Werfen Customer Relationship Management system (CRM).
- Serves as a knowledge resource to others within the organization. May be included in local and international corporate projects and initiatives.
- Provides timely & accurate reporting on planned & performed activities, through electronic calendar and CRM visit reporting.
- Supports the team in logistics and planning regarding instrument demo’s, evaluations and installations.
Internal Networking/Key relationships:
Must have a good communication with internal customers (Service Engineers, Sales Group, Customer Support, Account Managers) and external customers.
Min Knowledge & Experience required for the position:
- Strongly driven by results and customer satisfaction
- Ability to work independently in a remote position, as well as in project teams
- Solid presentation & training skills
- Ability to effectively plan & prioritize tasks
- Strong analytical & problem solving skills
- Bachelor’s degree in Life Sciences
- Prior experience in IVD, either in a field-based technical support function or a technical role at a hospital IVD laboratory
- Prior experience with Autoimmunity IVD instrumentation is highly desirable
- Basic knowledge level on autoimmunity. Advanced level will be highly valued
- Fluent in French & English, Dutch is highly desirable
- Familiar with basic IT Tools (e.g. Microsoft Office), experience with lab IT solutions is a plus
Not needed for this position, only for periodical training
Position with continuous presence at customer site across Brussels, Wallonia and Luxembourg. Occasionally to Flanders.
Send us your CV
Please, send us your CV if you wish to apply to this position.